The Pros and Cons of the Greens Plus Energy Bar + 9 More Flavors of Green Superfood Bars and one with 15 Grams of Protein. A common misconception of people that are paleo is that we eat bacon all the time. Many of us are not only focused on eating our grass-fed meats, but getting plenty of organic greens and fiber as well. So why not get greens and fiber in a paleo bar? Brilliant, right? Well, I found the Greens Plus Energy Bar, but there are some pros and cons. Here we go…
Pros of the Greens Chocolate Energy Bar:
- You get a full 5 grams of fiber per bar (that’s 20% RDA)
- The greens are not simply spinach and broccoli, they include superfood greens like organic barley grass, organic wheat grass, Japanese chlorella, hydroponic soy sprouts and organic alfalfa grass.
- There also other awesome health-boosters, including bee pollen, Hawaiian spirulina, algae, green tea extract, grape seed extract, ginko biloba, milk thistle, licorice root and more.
- A single bar provides 140% RDA of vitamin E, which is key for a strong immune system, healthy eyes and skin.
- 100% RDA od vitamin B12. Meat eaters typically don’t need to supplement vitamin B12, but vegetarians will like this.
- Green bars have an alkalizing effect on the body.
Cons of this Greens Bar:
- If you want to avoid sugar, the organic dark chocolate in the bar does have organic evaporated cane syrup in it.
- For those who don’t want grains in their bar, this one has organic brown rice and organic brown rice syrup
- It only contains 7 grams of protein. If you want higher protein, Greens+ does make a Whey Krisp Bar which has 15 grams of protein… but also contains agave nectar, organic peanut butter and organic brown rice syrup.
“Neutrals”: The source of protein in this bar is from gmo-free soy protein isolate. Everyone has their own opinion of soy, whether it is gmo-free, processed, etc.. So I decided to make a separate category for it here. Overall Rating: 4/5 stars Let Me Make Your Decision-Making More Difficult: There are 2 more flavors! Natural and Wild Berry Burst. …and there are more green bars! Raw Revolution Spirulina Dream This bar has less superfood greens in the bar, but it does not contain soy, cane sugar or rice. There are also 3 grams of fiber per bar vs 5. All Organic, Natural Ingredients: Cashews, Sunflower Seeds Kernels, Agave Nectar, Dates, Almonds, Spirulina Powder, Sprouted Flax Seed. Overall Rating: 4/5 stars Amazing Grass Green Superfood Bar Just like the amazing grass superfood drink powders, these bars contain a long list of organic superfood greens as well as probiotics and fiber. However, the bars have cane sugar and agave nectar with 27 grams of sugar, 5 grams of protein, 8 grams of fat and 4 grams of fiber. Overall Rating: 4/5 stars There are lots of flavors to choose from, including:
- Organic Green
- Organic Chocolate Green
- Berry Energy
- Chocolate Chip Coconut
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Sweet and Savory Almond