Are you looking for a high protein, low carb paleo-friendly bar? NxtBar makes some bars with 16 grams of protein, plus these use sweeteners with a low glycemic index.
Who Would Like NxtBars?
Not only do these protein bars contain high nutritional content, they taste good too. In fact, many people agree that they taste like a decadent dessert.
They have a soft, chewy texture, and they can definitely satisfy a sweet tooth as an after dinner treat. However, they travel well, so they make a great after-workout snack or an on-the-go breakfast.
Note: The high protein content is great for muscle building and recovery, but it also increases satiation. You might even find that NxtBars may work as a meal replacement when you just don’t have time to grab lunch.
Ingredients (Vanilla Almond Butter Flavor):
- Almond Butter
- Non-GMO Soluble Tapioca Fiber: Tapioca is a starch that comes from cassava plant roots.
- Grass Fed Whey Protein Concentrate
- Pea Protein
- Chicory Root Fiber: Chicory root contains inulin, a prebiotic fiber, that has shown to help with gut health.
- Cacao Butter
- Sunflower Lecithin
- Coconut Oil (Organic)
- Vegetable Glycerine (Organic)
- Pumpkin Seeds (Organic): Pumpkin seeds provide a high amount of magnesium, antioxidants and fiber.
- Natural flavors
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Monk Fruit Extract: This natural sweetener rates a zero on the glycemic index, plus no calories or carbs. Therefore, it won’t spike blood sugar
Sweeteners Used in NxtBar Bars – Good or Bad?
NxtBar uses stevia and monk fruit extract to sweeten their bars. These are natural, plant-based sweeteners that have advantages over artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols.
First of all, they don’t cause your blood sugar to spike. Therefore, they have less impact o the body and are a preferred sweetener for many of those on a Ketogenic diet.
Second, they don’t cause bloating, gas, stomach upset or headaches that often come as a side effect of sugar alcohols and artificial sweeteners.
Are NxtBars Paleo?
Due to the whey protein (dairy) and processed ingredients like pea protein, these are not paleo protein bars. However, they do fall into the “paleo-friendly” category.
Plus, I like their higher protein content and healthy choice of sweeteners. NxtBars provide a healthy snack alternative for those who don’t mind some occasional dairy in order to get more protein.
The high fiber content can be a nice bonus for people who want more fiber in their diets. However, this concentrated amount can sometimes cause stress on some people’s digestive systems.
Specs for NxtBar:
- Bars Per Pack: 12
- Calories Per Bar: 220-250 Calories
- No Grains, Gluten or Artificial Flavors
- 15-16 Grams of Protein
- 14-16 Grams of Fat
- 13-17 Grams of Fiber
- 4-5 Net Grams of Carbs
- 2 Grams of Sugar
- Manufacturer: NxtBar
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Bars
Note: By the way, you can get these bars in a few other flavors.
Plus, they come in a variety pack, so you can try them all out without having to buy an entire box of each. Flavors include Chocolate Peanut Butter, Vanilla Almond Butter and Chocolate Coconut.