“Yawp” bars are filled with unprocessed, whole ingredients, no added sugars or sweeteners – and they are grain-free (among other things).
If you are looking for a real food snack that’s nutrient-dense, this is a good one to check out.
They offer a 3-bar sampler pack, so you can try out each of their flavors before making a commitment to a full pack of a certain flavor.
Before we get into the flavors and nutritional content, here are some things to note about these low carb paleo bars:
- No preservatives
- No added sugars or sweeteners, no stevia either
- 100% vegan
- Low carb bars (due to low sugar content, no grains and no processed ingredients)
In order to meet the needs of a wider market (if you have a family of 5 with different tastes and needs, for example), Yawp created a good all-around snack that pretty much everyone will like.
Yawp Bars are Not Extreme in Any Direction.
I think this is a good idea, because if you like a certain bar or snack and end up eating it on a regular basis, you don’t want to end up with lop-sided nutrition, if you know what I mean.
- Yawp Bars are lower in sugar and carbs, but they are not “zero carb”
- The bar has a good amount of protein (about 7g per serving), but it’s not protein-rich
- Each flavor contains about 200 calories, so they are medium-sized snacks
- Fiber is average at about 4 grams per serving
- The nuts and seeds deliver about 15 grams of healthy fat per bar, great for filling you up without weighing you down.
Yawp Keeps Their Bars Simple.
Each of the 3 flavors starts with just 5 main ingredients (which, by the way, were choses for their diverse nutritional content and varying textures):
- Organic Almonds
- Organic Dates
- Organic Pepitas
- Organic Sunflower Seeds
- Organic Sesame Seeds
From there, they go different directions: Café Mocha (richer flavor), Coconut Chai (a little spicier) and “Naked” (no clothes, just kidding).
What Makes a Yawp Bar Different?
They are dehydrated until they reach a certain level of crispiness. If you’ve tried many protein bars or whole food bars, you know that most of them are chewy or “cake-y” rather than crispy. You can find more about the company and their company goals, product standards, etc.. here.
Features Organic Cinnamon & Himalayan Salt
Features Organic Coffee, Organic Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Bean & Himalayan Salt
Features Organic Coconut, Chai Spice Blend: (Organic Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, Black Pepper, Star Anise) & Himalayan Salt.
Click her for the Snack Pack or for more information